Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Long Term Mentality

It has been quite sometime since I have come to this blog to express my random thoughts, and experiences as a young lad finding his path in life. Since March 2012, I have graduated from high school, completed my freshmen year of college, and faced some self revealing truths. Since being away from home (under parental guidance/supervision) I felt rather empty about anyone of my peers in regards to being able to truly enjoy myself with. I found myself pretty down during most of the year naturally due to a lack of expression and ears to listen. The truth that I had revealed upon myself is that I simply will not change from who I truly am. In the past years I had been a sharp, focused young lad with a plan to maximize his opportunities wherever he went in life. Up until recently I had discovered that I had truly lost sight of my vision. I must admit that I was focusing on many trivial things that ultimately ended up resulting in suffering several personal losses. Before I had the means of physically living on my own, buying my own personal items, and solely being responsible for myself, I really only had my mind set on one thing: my future. I would always think about the things I wanted to do when I was a certain age or some place I wanted to go when I had the means to travel there. Because of that train of thought(s) I would fill my time with activities, people, and things that would help me accomplish my objectives in life. It was truly a delightful way of living. I realize now that I truly have the opportunity for the rest of my life to plan out how I want to live. In order to do so however I must return to, and continue ,to have a long term mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment